Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday Scituate to Rockport,MA

We left Scituate Sunday for a very clear motoring day to Rockport. We had been to Gloucester before but had never ventured to Rockport as the harbor is small. One of our fellow Island Packet owners reccomended a stay at the Sandy Bay Yacht Club at the head of the harbor. I was up all night adjusting the lines because of the nine foot tide change and being on the fixed pier in front of the club and tired when we left. The people were very friendly and Rockport is interesting for its artist colony but a quick tour was enough for us.

2 comments:

  1. Mom and Dad, VZW shut down being able to sync Hotmail to my company Blackberry so I lost touch with my personal mail for a few days. Trying to figure out a workaround. I talked to Kevin and he said he might be heading to see you guys in Maine the last week-end in July. Thinking about driving the boys up there Friday night the 31st (I think) and back Sunday afternoon. Let me know where you think you will be that week-end and we'll see what we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, glad you guys are off to sail the dream. We had a great week sailing around BI and Fisher's Island Sound, then I spent a week with Peg's mom in Arkansas (all is well). Look forward to getting back to the boat this week and beginning some major projects. All the best, David (and Peg)

    ReplyDelete