Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Finally the Dream begins

Left Monday for Cuttyhunk Island for a couple of days. Winds blew and seas rocked to get the crew queasy. Arrived about 7:00 pm and on the third try got our new anchor set and the dog ashore. Anchor held well and got a good night's sleep. Tuesday is a lay day to just relax and enjoy Cuttyhunk Island. Wind is forecasted to be from the northwest about 20 knots Tuesday night, so we will move to a mooring inside the inner harbor. Went to the dock to get fresh caught swordfish and Ice cream treat. Leaving for Onset Wednesday am. Wind for the right direction to run to Onset. All ok till wind picks up and we need to shorten sail. We learned that our newly installed Gybe EZE works great after Gybing with full main out at 20 knots.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the adventure has begun. Let us know when you get close to NC and we'll let you know our favorite spots. Of course, we expect you to plan an extended stay in Beaufort.

    Janet & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave and Barb:

    Great to hear that you have started out. If I tried it, I would be sailing alone!!! I am glad that your eye is doing well and that you can go to Maine. I would love to go there but I simply cannot get enough time off.

    I have had a long and trying problem with the motor, or so I thought and the repair yard had the boat for nearly 3 weeks but all's well that ends well. Motor is OK and ready to go for short money. Now, that's what I like.

    The planning is long and meticulous, from what I have read, but once you finally go, it must be quite a feeling. More power to ya. I hope that you post some pics so I can vicariously join the fun.

    John McMurry

    ReplyDelete