Friday, December 25, 2009

Vero for Christmas

Well, we got a little messed up by the weather, so we spent two days in Melbourne, FL. While there I tried to hunt down my cousin that lives in Melbourne Beach in the winter. No luck as I had misplaced his phone, not published, and his email address. We moved on to Vero Beach, but I did search the we b and get a phone number for my cousin and after messages and tag we finally were able to get together in Vero Beach for dinner and food shopping for us. It was very nice to renew a friendship with lost relatives. Vero beach is also referred to as Velcro Beach by cruisers because of its cruiser friendliness. Free buses run to the stores and malls for provisioning and entertainment. Cafes with happy hours and a reasonably priced mooring field.
Some cruisers started a pot luck for Christmas day and 66 boats signed up to bring food and attend. A good time was had by all. We will be here through Monday at least as we are waiting for a UPS delivery. We hope you all had a merry Christmas and wish you the Happiest and healthiest 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Dave:

    I hope your trip is going well. Occasionally I read the posts and vicariously sail with you. I saw that USCG video about helicopter rescue and thought of the experience you had going to Atlantic City. The video is filmed in calm water with nice bright sunlight. Enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wc7mY4wy7o&feature=player_embedded

    Title: USCG Helicopter Rescue Video - Part One

    ReplyDelete